Wednesday, October 22, 2008

what an amazing joy!

Lawson was born on October 3, 2008 at 3:14 in the afternoon.  He weighed 5 pounds 12 ounces and was 19 1/4 inches long.  He was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my whole life!  He did give us a little bit of a scare in the beginning.  The umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and he did have to spend the night in NICU because of it.  Despite that, both Lawson and I were allowed to leave the hospital the next day.


The labor itself seemed really easy, granted I could not feel anything below my bellybutton at that point.  I was working on my second epidural because the first one stopped working.  Eric and I were still relieved to have it over though.
(Can you tell?)





















All the grandparents were captivated by this new addition into their world. 



Now, more pictures of Lawson's first couple of days.


What a good looking family!




3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay, you have a blog!!:) It looks good! We love the pictures...he is so sweet.

Lindsey said...

Oh he is so beautiful. I am really excited for you guys. This is a fun time. Does he have a Halloween costume? I can't wait to see him in person. Love ya.
Lindsey

RYNELL said...

HE IS SO CUTE AND I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS, I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL. HE HALLOWEEN COSTUME IS SO CUTE.

RYNELL