Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Much overdue update!

So, I know that it has been like 7 months since my last posting. I feel like I have been so busy, but really it has been more excuses to not update the blog than I care to tell. I am done with excuses though.

First off, we went to Minnesota and visited Eric's family. We had such a great trip and really enjoyed being able to relax. I had never met any of Eric's dad side of the family, it was a trip of firsts. They were all very loving and I felt very comfortable around everyone. Thank you for letting me into your lives.


Chewy really enjoyed the ride. It was easier than swimming I guess.





Lucky us, we got to go on another family vacation also. We spent 3 days in YELLOWSTONE! We packed the whole park in those days, and it was not nearly enough time. We were some of the lucky ones though. We saw elk, bison, deer, grizzly, black bear, and a momma and baby moose. Lawson did great in the truck all day also. I was shocked by that. Granted, he did have me and my mom being silly the whole time too (and this was when the "earthquake" game was born!).

Look at those ears!! Wait, does daddy have the same ears? Why yes he does!

A very large, very lazy grizzly bear. He just wanted to sleep in the tall grass.





Eric found out that he was going to be deployed to Iraq (and I will explain more later), so we knew we wanted to sell our house. This was the wrong time to sell though. We were fully expecting to have to rent the house for a year, and I tryed not thinking of the headaches that would cause for me. Fortunately, we found a cute couple who really liked the house. The husband had just returned from his tour of duty, and that made the whole process so much sweeter. I was glad that we could give a new couple the same opportunity that we had in that house.

Then we were homeless. Alright, not really. Eric's parents were nice enough to let us stay with them for 3 months. Lawson really enjoyed having more time to spend with Grandma and Grandpa.

This update is to be continued...

No comments: